Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 days of thankful - day 2

30 Days of Thankful - Day 2

A Healthy Body

I am 34 years old and weigh anywhere from 127 to 134 pounds.
And I am ok with that.

It took me a long time to be ok with that.
But FORTHELOVE I am sick of worrying about it.
I still eat healthy and exercise but I am done stressing about it.
I promise to take good care of it, but the things I can't change?
Done. With. Worry.

Would I love to be a size 2 and weigh 118 pounds?
Maybe.
But I also love dessert and cheese and wine.
And life is too damn short to not enjoy the things you love.

My body does every single thing I ask it to do.

It gets me through the day.
It cuddles my daughter.
It hugs my husband.
It runs on the treadmill.
It folds the laundry.
It pets the kitties.
It pushes the grocery cart.
It unloads the groceries.
It cleans the tub.
It drives a car.
It does sit-ups. 
It types on a computer.
It laughs.

I recently had a physical.
I am healthy.
I have a healthy body.
It is smack dab in the middle of it's acceptable BMI.
It functions as it should.
And my husband loves it.

What more can I ask for?


Can you tell I had a baby?
Yes.

Does said baby call my tummy squishy when we shower together?
I will neither confirm or deny.

Do I have cellulite on my butt.
Hell to the yes.

Do I love it anyway?
You bet.

I am thankful for a healthy body.


No comments: