Friday, November 11, 2011

30 days of thankful - day 11

30 Days of Thankful - Day 11

My Country

Seeing how today is Veterans Day,
 I thought I would write about how thankful I am to live in America.

To live in America means:

We have the right to vote
or not to vote.

We have the right to speak our minds without persecution.

We have the right to wear pajama pants outside.
To the grocery.
To pick your kid up from school.
To restaurants.
Personally, I think we should forfeit this right.
Immediately.
**************************************************
We are fortunate we live somewhere
where bullets and war aren't part of our everyday lives.

We are fortunate we live somewhere where
girls are treated as equals to boys.

We are fortunate we live somewhere
where the vast majority of us have everything we need, and then some.
Even if we don't think we do.

As a country, we have problems.
Of course we do.
Occupy this.
Horrible housing market that.
A corrupt leader or 20.

But I think, overall, we have it pretty good.
I am thankful for my country.

And I am thankful for all the men and women who serve in the military.
To keep me and mine safe.
Thank you.


2 comments:

Hilary said...

very true...we have it pretty good here in the us-of-a. it's something we should remember...always.

C. Beth said...

Amen!! Great post. :)