Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 days of thankful - day 12

30 Days of Thankful - Day 11

Books!

I love books.
I love everything about books.
I love how they smell.
I love where they take me.
I love talking about them.
I love sharing a good one.


 I feel so sorry for anyone who doesn't like to read.
I can't even imagine it.


I will read anything.
Historical fiction.
Romance.
Suspense.
Teen fiction.
Children's books.
Horror.


I come from a long line of book lovers.
My mother and Aunt Linda were librianians.
And nearly everyone in my family reads.
I think I have passed my love of books onto Ellie.
I better have.
Cause if she doesn't like to read, she is no daughter of mine.
She did recently read her first book, cover to cover.
It will live on as one of my finest memories.


 I was looking through my pictures to see if I had any of books.
And realized I am forever taking pictures of books.
I have about 107 pictures.
Ha! 
I guess you take pictures of the things you love.


I don't know if I could list my favorites.
There are so many.
But I will give it a try.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Outlander series - Diana Gabaldan
Twilight series - Stephanie Meyer - don't hate.
Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins - teen fiction has come A LONG way.
Sky O'Malley series - Betrice Small - so smutty.  but so good.
Ghengis series - Conn Igguluden
The Long Walk - Stephen King

Those are the ones that stand out as books I would recommend to someone.  I also love the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series, Water for Elephants, anything from James Patterson (which I tend to read in the summer cause he is so easy), Harry Potter, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, anything from Jodi Piccoult, and anything dealing with the end of times (One Second After, My Life as I Knew It)
I could seriously sit here all day and list books I loved.

It would be a sad world without books.
I am thankful for books.

3 comments:

shelley c. said...

agreed. 100@. and I love that picture of the kids on the swing reading. That is awesome.

abby said...

I love books too! I have been wanting to read the Oulander series because you have mentioned it a few times here on your blog!

Shannon said...

Me too. If I had to choose between reading and watching TV, reading would win, hands down. I LOVE quiet nights alone in the house with a warm blanket, a cup of coffee, and a good book!

You want some good "smut"? Try Holly Petersen's "The Manny."