Thursday, July 31, 2008

possibly the cutest thing ever

I met a friend for lunch today and it happened to be near Trader Joes. I LOVE Trader Joes but it is about 25 minutes from my house...not exactly convenient when there are 3 grocerys that are 5 minutes. Their food is great, healthy and cheap! Plus I never go without getting at least 2 bottles of "2 buck chuck". Pretty decent wine for $3. Yes, they need to change the name to "3 buck chuck" but that hasn't happened yet. Inflation! I happened to be there on my birthday in March and there was an older man checking me out (my grocery's, not me personally!) and carded me when he came to the wine. He looked at the card, looked at me, took my card and walked away. I thought he thought my card was a fake or something and started to panic. Turns out, he realized that it was my birthday and brought me flowers! Something similiar happens almost everytime I go there. Such a neat place! Did you know they let you take things home or open them up right there in the store to try em before you buy em? That is good business in my book.

I digress...

Anyhoo, they have these little tiny shopping carts that Ellie just loves to push around. She looks like such a little woman pushing it. She will pick things up, look at them, and decide if they should be purchased. Apparently, she pays attention when we go shopping and she does exactly what I do. It is bizarre to watch. I do have to help her make these important decisions. A girl cannot survive on animal crackers and chocolate chips alone.

Notice all the jewels. She is such a girl.


This was her in the car 5 seconds from falling asleep. Her entire nap today was the 15 minutes in the car. That is 3 days this week she hasn't napped. I fear the inevitable is happening. I fear that the nap is going the way of the dodo bird. Pray for me. I need my afternoon sanity break.

No comments: