Sunday, July 13, 2008

three things

I have 3 things to blog about so bear with me, this might get lengthy.

First, the garage sale.

If I had it to do all over again, I would not have gone through all the trouble and do this sale was and just would have donated everything. I made a whopping $220. If you divide that by the hours it took to get ready, I made about $3.15 and hour. I had baby clothes and I was sure they would fly outta here, which was why I decided to try and sell them. They were .50 a piece. Reasonable I thought. They didn't sell at all. Crap like opened bottles of cleaning supplies and old rusty paperclips went. I am always amazed by the stuff that sells at garage sales.

The benefits of having the sale:
It is $220 I didn't have before
My house is rid of junk and very organized

The negatives to having the sale:
The crazies came out. Seriously, garage sale people scare me. I told one lady to leave because she was making me so mad. I am not usually a forward person and it takes a lot to rile me up, but this lady was insane and wanted everything for free (she has a no-good husband and children, she is always in pain, she is poor, blah, blah, blah...i have a nice husband to support me, I should just give her anything she wants or needs for free, blah, blah, blah). After 15 minutes of telling her she had to pay what the tickets said and her trying to get them for free, I told her (in a firm, LOUD, voice) to just leave. She ended up paying full price for a few things and left. I am very proud of myself. I rarely stand up for myself like that.
It was a lot of freaking work!! Here are some pics of the big event...



Second, training for the Susan G. Koman breast cancer 3 day.

I walked 12 miles today with my friend Megan. We walked along the tow path and it was beautiful. I feel surprisingly ok. I am sore and have a few blisters, but I just might be able to do this. I hurt in weird places, like my hips and the backs of my knees. I need to raise $2200 for the event, and if you didn't get a form from me and want to donate to a great cause, just go to www.the3day.org, search for my name (Tia Davis) and donate (wink, wink!!) I need all the help I can get!

The third topic for discussion, my little diva.

She HAD to wear these patent leather RED shoes and carry her purse out and about today. She looks like such a dork. I hope her fashion sense improves.

No comments: