Tuesday, November 2, 2010

different little stories

The pic has no significance.  Just a little piccy that makes me happy.

A lot of funny little stories have been happening around here lately that I thought I would share.

Story 1

I was at the grocery yesterday, in a huge hurry, and this little old lady comes up to me in her little motorized cart and this was our conversation:

Lady - "Have you seen the damn asparagus?"
Me - "I needed it too and couldn't find it."
Lady - "You tellin' me there no damn asparagus?"
Me - "I couldn't find any."
Lady - "You have got to be kidding me.  I planned my whole menu around the damn asparagus."
*drives away angrily*

Apparently, she really needed the damn asparagus.
Hope she found some.

Story 2

I had always planned to get Ellie and American Girl doll.  Elizabeth to be exact, cause how cool is that?  I had planned to do this in like, 3 years, when she was old enough to really want one.

Well guess who is being retired after this Christmas.

Uh-huh.

Elizabeth.

So mama had a decision to make.  And I bought her!  She will be arriving any day and I somehow have to put her away for 3 years

This is going to be really hard for me.

And for the record, Chris just doesn't get it at all.
"It is a $100 doll"
"It's dresses cost more than my clothes"
"It is a $100 doll!"
"There's a whole store?"
"You have got to be kidding me"

Suck it up buttercup.  Welcome to the AG world!

Story 3

Ok, this one is really embarrasing.  But I love my blog readers, so I trust you to still think I am a functioning human being after you read this...

We have a bathroom that connects to our bedroom and the hallway.  The other night, Ellie went into our bedroom, from the bathroom and shut the door.  I was still in the bathroom and went to go into the bedroom and the door was locked.  Now, I wasn't trapped in, as the other door was open, but as I looked down to unlock the door, there was no unlockie thingie.

I was confused.

Shouldn't the lock be in the bathroom?

So I get tweezers and am trying to unlock the door from the bathroom side.
Muttering under my breath the whole time.

Ellie comes up to me, asks what I am doing and I explain the prediciment.

She leaves the bathroom, walks around to our bedroom and

unlocks it from the other side.

She opens it and goes (and I am not kidding)

"DUH MOM."

OH. MY. GOD.  I am losing it.
Total moment of stupidity.
I swear I function normally most of the time.

So there you have it, just some funny things that have been happening around here lately.  Happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

Shannon said...

Jaden is into American Girl now because the sitter gets the catalog. She brought one home (catalog, not the doll) and is obsessed with looking at it and finding the dolls that look most like her and Taylor.

That last story is cracking me up!

Megan said...

Story #4

Megan and Tia are enjoying a beautiful Fall Halloween Evening, walking Ellie around the neighborhood as she fully embraces Trick or Treating. We approach one of Chris and Tia's neighbors, exchange pleasantries, and then she looks at Tia and I and asks if I am Tia's mother. Yes, her mother. Out of shock and embarrasment (on my part) we don't respond immediately and so she repeats the question, "So Tia, is this your mom?" Needless to say, I am feeling pretty good about myself.

Molly said...

Duh Mom......that's hilarious!!

Lisa Lach said...

Oh Tia! How you make my giggle sometimes! The bathroom story made my day :)

Plus...I totally feel you about the AG doll. I always wanted Samantha and she was retired a few years ago so I bought her just in time... for myself!

Shannan Martin said...

I love story #1! Ha ha ha! Oh Lord, let me never end up being that angry scooter lady!