Friday, October 8, 2010

book club

My book club rocks!

Let me tell you why...

First, there is always lots and lots and lots of this...
and this.
Also, there is always scintillating conversation.
Like the conversation we had about Sophie's Choice and which child we would choose if we had to.
Or the discussion about the end of the world.
Or the discussion about the latest bachelor episode.
Whatever we are discussing, it is with vim and vigor!
But mostly it's just these awesome girls that make it so great. 
Each unique.
Each beautiful.
Each wonderful.
Some of us work.  Some of us don't.  Some of us have kids.  Some of us don't. 
We are diverse.
And that's what makes us great.
Let me introduce you (from left to right)
These are words that pop into my head when I think of these girls.

Jen M.
Fantastic mother.  Driven.  Intelligent.  Marathon runner. 

Erika
Accomplished.  Kind.  Snazzy dresser.  beautiful home. 

Riki
Fantastic mother.  Caring.  Funny.  Survivor.

Megan
Compassionate.  Idealist.  Half Iron Man competitor.  Advocate.

Jen W.
Smart.  Fantastic hugger.  Dog lover. Great laugh.

Lisa
Classy.  Fantastic mother.  Funny.  Together.

There are 2 others not pictured (besides me), Rebecca and Steph.  Both of which are every bit as wonderful as the girls mentioned.  Rebecca is beautiful and smart and has the most corporate job of all of us, and Steph is a wonderful mother, a health nut, and funny!

I love these girls.
They make me a better person.
I love the conversations we have.
I love the wine we drink.
  I love our book club nights.

Period.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Best. Blog. Ever! Love you and am so grateful that I get to be a part of such an amazing group of women.

stephskrzys said...

eI am honored to be included in your blog. Unfortunately I can not always make book club, but I am there in spirit (and SOO wish I could just sneak out of the house).

C. Beth said...

I want to join!