Friday, October 17, 2008

i hope she always feels this way

The other day I was getting Ellie dressed and she, of course, was fighting it. Here is how the conversation played out.

Me: Come on Ellie, you are too big to put up a fuss everytime we get dressed.

Ellie: I not big. I little.

Me: (realizing she is right), Ok, you're right. You are little. But you still need to get dressed without a fight.

Ellie: Mommy, I want to stay little forever. I don't want to be growed up.

Oh she is so smart. I hope she always feels this way. Now I just need to remember that she is little. And deserves to act little from time to time.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Great advice. And interesting because Chickie (who is potty trining), yesterday said, "I don't WANT to be a big girl! I want to wear diapers!" Growing up can be hard.

Molly said...

have you heard the song "Let Them Be Little"? You MUST listen to it. I heard it once and made a little magnet that says "Let Them Be Little" and put it on the refrigerator so I'd always remember it. Its hard to do sometimes but you are absolutely right!