Thursday, October 30, 2008

funny story

I am not sure how this post is going to come across written but it was so funny I just had to share.

Ellie loves to sing and I am sick to death of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Mary had a Little Lamb", and all the others we sing constantly. I broke out the old bible school songs (Jesus Loves Me, Zachius, This Little Light, etc...) and she loves them! Her favorite is The B.I.B.L.E.

For those of you unfamiliar it goes like this:

The B.I.B.L.E!
Yes that's the book for me!
I stand alone on the word of God
The B.I.B.L.E!

We sing it all the time. Yesterday afternoon we sang it through and Ellie goes "now let's sing it for you Mommy!" A little confused I start singing it again, "The B.I.B.L.E, yes that's" and Ellie stops me and goes "no that is all wrong! Like this! The B.I.B.Mom-my!" And then it clicked.

B.I.B.L.E = Ellie

She thought the song was about her! No wonder it was her favorite. So now we sing her version and mine. The B.I.B.Mom-my!

Do you think Jesus minds?

7 comments:

C. Beth said...

That is SOOOO funny! Totally laughing out loud here!!

Anonymous said...

Nope, Jesus giggled and your mom rolled!!

Anonymous said...

That just brought tears to my eyes from laughing. Started my morning off right.

Flabbergasted said...

Funny and sweet at the same time.

Molly said...

oh my gosh, that is a riot!!!!

Lv2Hike said...

Too funny! I never get tired of the things that kids say or think. :)

Anonymous said...

pretty funny! I love the cute things little kids do! Very cute , funny and sweet.

- anonymous