Monday, January 30, 2012

juggle juggle

It's a busy time around here.
But it's a good busy.

Since January 1st:

I have gotten 3 new jobs.
Yes!  3!
2 are project based and the other is about 8 hours a week.
I know, right?

The one at the publishing firm is coming to a close.
I have really enjoyed it and hope they ask me back on another project.
My other two are working with an afterschool drama program and helping out with the US Amateur Women's golf tournament that is coming to a country club my friend belongs to.
It really is all about who you know.
(Even though, 2 of these jobs I got on my very own, thankyouverymuch.)

Ellie has started a dance class that is only one day a week but seems to take up more time than that.
There is a recital in June.
She is desperate to do it.
I keep telling her it is 6 full months of dance before the show.
She is desperate to do it.
I mentioned a stage and she went wild with excitement.
We, of course, are doing it.

Chris has decided to have surgery on Wednesday.
His nose has been messed up since he was a kid.
(I will spare you the gory details of what happened. It could turn even the strongest stomach.)
After years of not being able to breathe through his nose, he is finally getting around to fixing it.
The recovery is kind rough.
Scratch that.
The recovery is really rough.
And he does not convalesce well.
Lord help us all.

Our social calendar has exploded.
This part is awesome.
We are busy busy busy with our friends.
And Ellie is busy busy busy with hers.
It's a good thing.

I have logged about 30 miles running.
This could be better.
I would love to hit 600 for the year.
This is attainable, right?

So I am doing a juggling act of sorts.
None of my jobs are extremely time consuming.
But there is a definite learning curve to figuring out how to get everything done.
I am having fun learning.

Happy Monday People.


2 comments:

fleetfeet said...

Yes. 600 miles is TOTALLY doable. Keep after it!

Lisa Lach said...

Shawn and I have talked about him having surgery to fix his nose too...he also can't breathe out of his nose and it would be AWESOME not to be able to hear him breathe all the time :)