Monday, December 13, 2010

things i know for sure - christmas edition

As I grow older, there are certain things that just become apparent during the holiday season.

Things like:

At least 40 trips to the attic will be needed to get everything needed to make a merry holiday.
Never ever buy tape from the dollar store.
Bumbles Bounce! is fun to say, no matter how many times you say it.
Enormous wreaths make a beautiful building even prettier.
Gingerbread just tastes better in December.
There are lots of good hiding spots for presents in this house.
Stocking stuffers are my favorite presents to buy.
Posing with strangers is not so weird during Christmas.
No matter when I think I am done shopping, I always find one more, must have present.
I will always send Christmas cards.  I love to do it.
The Toy Soldier show downtown still rocks.
I will leave at least 3 presents with that unwrapped strip down the back.  I tend to underestimate the amount of wrapping paper needed.
Eggnog is quickly becoming a favorite.
Getting a present you really want makes you happy.
Snow is only pretty when you have no where to go and you can sit inside and watch it.
Christmas carols never get old.  And Chris likes them, even though he refuses to admit it.
Movies and popcorn are better with friends.
Cookie baking is fun for the first hour or so, then gets tedious.
Bundling up to get outside takes a bloody eternity.
Night time snowy walks are still marvelous!  And it is a tradition I love to continue.
Max, from the Grinch is the best holiday character. Period. 
 Salt dough ornaments are cheap to make and a lot of fun!
However, the 3 hour bake time is like an eternity for a 4 year old.
Snow days to 4 year olds aren't what they are to 13 year olds.
I love to shovel.  If that makes me weird, so be it.
Mail time is my favorite time of day.  I love getting cards too!
 Holiday themed hats are cool.
So there you have it.
These things I know for sure.

2 comments:

forever folding laundry said...

Love your list!!
And such great pictures.
Ellie is a lucky gal to have a mom that does all of that with and for her.

{And as far as the mail goes: I always feel slighted when I don't get a Christmas card in the mail this time of year! Shouldn't it be the rule that at least 1 comes every day?}

~Keri

Molly said...

I heart you. That is all.