Sunday, December 19, 2010

not a gingerbread house

The idea of a gingerbread house is wonderful.
So holiday happiness.
So idealistic.
So pretty on the package.

In reality, they totally suck.
They are messy.
And impossible.
And yucky.

So imagine my delight when I found a GIANT gingerbread man at Trader Joe's.
I fell in love.
I fell in love with his one piece and chocolate pieces and easy to use icing.
The sprinkles were a mess, but nobody is perfect.

Check it.
We were playing Gin as she decorated.
I dominated.
 And the best part?
He actually tastes good.
I really hope these guys are around next year.
Cause then, I would never have to do another gingerbread house again.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is AWESOME!!! I wish we had a TJ's around here! OMG... I'm so in love!

shelley c. said...

That is absolutely awesome. If you can't find that again next year, let me know, cuz I have a delicious gingerbread cookie recipe which is bad for houses but GREAT for eating! :) Tell Ellie she did an awesome job!!