Monday, January 18, 2010

oh my

Today has not started well. Not started well at all.

I woke up at 3:42 with Ellie crying. She was fine, but I have been awake since 3:42.

Ellie woke up at 7:41 CRANKY and WHINY. I can handle a lot of things, but whining is NOT one of them. Especially when I have been awake since 3:42.

Listened to her in her room. I can't decide what to do! I am so afraid of the dark! Come hold me mama!

Got up. Went to tell Ellie that she had two options. Pick something to play or come and lay with us. I just don't know! I told her she had 5 seconds to stop whining or she would be in time-out. I can't stop whining!

Ellie goes in a 3 minute time out. She apologizes then I cuddle her. How do you turn down your kid asking you to hold them?

Let Chris sleep in (MLK Day off work). He offered to get up, but at this point I knew there was no more sleep in my immediate future.

Made her breakfast. But I want a banana! No more bananas. Strawberries or cantaloupe. But I NEED a banana! Oh. My. God.

All this before 8:15.

Send reinforcements.

Preferably with strong coffee and pastries.


Edited to add: Right after I published this, I was surfing the net and saw some more Haiti pictures. On second thought, I have had a fantastic morning.

1 comment:

Toni said...

I HATE whining! I HATE it! Then, there are days when both Kiddo and Hubby are whining! Are you kidding me? I just want to run away and hide.

*Sigh* Hope you have a better day!