Wednesday, February 29, 2012

random stuff

Things are getting back to normal around here.
She is almost feeling like herself.
She is still tired and cranky.
With not a lot of appetite.
But at least she isn't doubled over in pain or throwing up.
I got a very last minute, very quick job.
Which I should be doing right this minute.
It's a lot of work with not much time to do it.
But exciting!
 This is Gertie.
Girtie-Girl.
The newest member of our family.
We bought her after leasing different cars for the last few years.
She seems special cause she's mine outright.
And she keeps my butt warm.
Do you name your cars?
Or are we weird?
 Yesterday I snuck downtown and met a friend for lunch.
The sun was shining.
It was almost not freezing.
It was lovely.
I was early (cause I always am)
and stopped into Drudgers Union.
Holy Loveliness.
Then after lunch (grilled ceasar salad and the best wings in the world),
I took my leftovers to Chris.
A little walk downtown is always nice.
He works in the same building as Homeland Security, so getting in is like trying to enter a locked vault.  It's nuts.
After that, I stopped in a little shop and bought us both tshirts with some city love on them for Justice of the Peace Day.
11 years yesterday.
Wow.
 It is crazy hair day today.
Every day this week is something nutty for Dr. Seuss' birthday.
This is what we went with.
She wasn't so sure.
But mama overslept and we were out of time.
Ok.
I gots some work to do.
Happy Leap Day!

No comments: