Thursday, December 22, 2011

today i promise

Today, I promise:

to forget about the little messes and play with my girl.
to say "yes" more than "no."
to be patient when she wants to dawdle.
to let baby polar bear come with us, even though that means I will have to hold him.
to watch every single time she says "mommy!  watch!"

Today, I promise:

to do something nice for a stranger.
to smile and be pleasant when we are out and about.
to remember that we have it good, and the things we worry about are so silly.
to not check my phone every 5 minutes and live in the moment.
to have beer waiting in the fridge for the football game that is on tonight.


Today, I promise:

to really get in the spirit.
to wear my most obnoxious Christmas earrings.
to drop some coins in the little red bucket.
to let the magic of Christmas overwhelm me.
to wink at Santa.
to see it through the eyes of my 5 year old and remember.

I promise.


No comments: