Monday, December 19, 2011

saturday from my phone


It was a good weekend.
Saturday might be one of the new favorite days of my life.
And nothing really exciting happened.
It was just one of those great days.

We woke up, had breakfast (oatmeal, bacon, and clems,) and lounged around a bit.

It started to snow.
Ellie wanted to go for a snowy walk.

So we did.

At the zoo!

We love love love the zoo in winter.
We have the place to ourselves and the animals are so much more exciting.

We saw sliding seals, and the polar bear was active and the 4 new bear cubs were all wrestling around and such.
The wolves were pacing and the beavers were gnawing on some wood.

 And it was so pretty all decorated for Christmas.
 Then we went for some lunch.
And Ellie met a friend.
 And then we went home.
We put on our comfies and brewed another pot of coffee and played games.
Someone, however, needed a cuddle.
 Then the night took a slight turn.
I was flipping through the channels and Toddlers and Tiara's was on.
Ellie saw the pretty dresses and wanted to watch.
Oh. My. Word.
Those people are nuts.
With a capitol Crazy.
Ellie, however, then wanted to play "pageant."
So we got all dolled up and pranced around a bit.
Remind me to never, ever, ever, ever, under any circumstances let her leave the house in make-up.
Not even when she is 15.
This worries me.
 Then she went to bed and Chris and I had a basement date.

Hello Ryan Gosling in Crazy Stupid Love.

He is good looking.
To say the least.

After the movie was over, I headed to bed.
I wasn't quite tired however, so I turned on the tube and continued my evening of sketchy tv watching with Teen Mom 2.
Again,
 OH. MY. WORD.
I hadn't watched this show before.

If Ellie ever talks to me like those girls talk to their mothers,
if she ever tells me to go f myself,
she will be grounded so long she will never see the light of day again.
Or worse.

Can I get an Amen?
***************************************************************
6 days til Christmas.
Is everyone ready??

3 comments:

Shannon said...

A-freaking-MEN! I have to watch the show but if ever either of my girls talk or act like Jenelle, I don't care how old they are or if they have children or not, they will see a whole new side of their mama! God help them!

BTW, E looked about 15 years old with that lipstick! Wowzers... you and Chris will be fighting the boys away before you know it!

I think Mike and I will need to try out the whole basement date sometime soon. It sounds fun and cozy and we totally need a break from it all!

shelley c. said...

Oh. My. Word. Who was that big kid wearing the makeup and where the heck did Ellie go??? And this just makes me glad I've never seen either of those shows.

Lisa Lach said...

We just watched CrazyStupidLove last week. Loved it! You are right about Ryan Gosling...

Ellie does look pretty gorgeous in her makeup...she's gonna make Chris crazy when she's a teenager :) Get ready!