Friday, May 9, 2008

poop and hippos


Not much is happening these days that is blogworthy. It has been 3 whole days since I last blogged. Just typing hoping that some witty comment or funny story will come to me.

Oh I know one...

The other day I was playing hide and seek with Ellie. For some reason she just had a shirt on (no diaper or pants). I don't remember why she was nekky from the waist down, but it is integral to the story. So, anyhoo, she is counting and I am hiding behind our bed, which I can see under. So she comes in to look for me ("ready, here i come mommy!") and I see her little feet on the other side of the bed. There is a pause and I think she is looking for me. Nope. The next thing I see is two little turds hit the floor. Ha! I tried desperately not to laugh. She was so embarrassed that she had done it and kept saying "i sorry i pooped on the floor mommy." I just kept reassuring her that all was well, etc....I did manage to get her on the potty before the third turdlette came out. I am not looking forward to potty training.

She also woke up from her nap yesterday crying saying that a hippo was coming. She was really scared. "A hippo coming mommy! Help me! Pick me up! I scared!" I can only imagine what she was dreaming about.
Ahhh, the life of a stay at home mom. Poop cleaner upper and hippo wrangler.

No comments: