Tuesday, May 13, 2008

godparents

When I was pregnant with Ellie I had an abnormal urge to find her the perfect godparents. We are not Catholic and Chris and I don't even have godparents but for some reason, I really wanted Ellie to have some. Maybe it is the fact that I am an only child and wanted someone out there to love her (as if she is not loved by all who know her!!), or maybe I was just thinking of guilt-free babysitting. Whatever the reason, we lucked out and picked the perfect people.

Enter Jeff and Megan. These two people are amazing and will make great parents of their own someday, but until then, I am glad Ellie is theirs. We wanted to pick people who are similiar to us, but different. Does that make any sense? For example, Jeff and Megan love winter sports which chris and i cannot fathom. Therefore, it is their responsibility to teach Ellie to ski and snowboard, 2 things you need to know how to do when it is winter 7 months a year. They also choose to live in the city "to get the urban feel". Chris and I would be in the suburbs in a minute if we could. They are just so cool and I have always kinda been in awe of them. Here is a little more about each of them.

Megan: Kind, funny, beautiful, vegeterian (and actually likes tofurkey), athletic, volunteer, dog-lover, can drink like a fish (honestly, everytime I drink with her I end up throwing up. It is really quite impressive.), only buys gifts that some African tribal woman in the Sudan made, and is a wonderful friend.

Jeff: Intelligent, political, corn-hole enthusiast, handsome (actually, kinda a hunk!), dry sense of humor, tends to hurt Ellie in some way everytime he sees her (but it is out of love), dog-lover, thinks men who drink out of straws are wussies, nicknamed Jeff-fa-fa, and is a wonderful friend.

I mean, seriously, with qualities like that, how could we not ask them? We love you guys. Ellie is lucky to have you!

No comments: