Thursday, October 22, 2009

book club


I have an amazing book club. I mean, really amazing. We have pretty different tastes so the book selections are always different. We have read everything from sci-fi to classics. I have enjoyed most of them, books I would have never picked up otherwise.

We recently read "The Magician's Assistant" by Ann Patchett and when she came to a nearby college to speak, we went. She was great!

Afterwards, we went to a totally vegan place for dinner. I must admit...I was skeptical. But it was SO GOOD. I would have never known if I hadn't been told there was no dairy, eggs, etc...I had Tuscan gnocchi with sun dried tomatoes and artichokes. And lots of wine. Delicious!

Besides being an amazing book club, we are also a very hard book club to feed. We have a vegetarian and a no gluten girl. Basically, no meat or wheat. Hard! This place though could feed everyone!

Shout out to Leslie for planning! It was a great night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love love love my bookclub friends. I look forward to every outing and meeting. Thanks for the shout :) I really enjoyed the lecture and the dinner.