Sunday, August 10, 2008

say it isn't so

I am going to take a break from my daily life blogging to address a disturbing trend I have been noticing.

I was at the mall recently and noticed JELLY BRACELETS in a store window. I laughed, thought it was a joke and moved on. {As an aside, in my search for a picture to put on here, did you know that jelly bracelets have sexual meaning? Certain colors have certain "acts" associated with them and wearing that color, means the girl is willing to do that "act." Blue and black are the biggies... Who knew I was so promiscious when I wore them at 12?}


Ok, back to the disturbing trend. So I laughed off the jelly bracelets but then as I was shopping online for some fall clothes for Ellie I ran into these on the Children's Place website. Um, still laughed, but it was a nervous laugh, like, this can't be happening! STIRRUP PANTS??

Then I saw this picture and knew it was true. Run! Protect the innocent! The 80's are back. It was bad enough the first time. Please, don't let your children be victims of this hideous "fashion" era. Isn't that why skinny pants were invented? To get the look of PEGGED JEANS without the horrible pegging? I am so disappointed in Kate. She is usually so classy.

So you saw it here first. I am so disturbed. I will admit that I was a victim of all 3 pics you see above. But I was an impressionable pre-teen. I blame my mother. She should have told me how stupid I looked. So I am imploring the moms who read. Make fun of your kid if they want to wear any of these looks. Do whatever you have to do, just don't let it come back!

No comments: