Thursday, August 21, 2008

pray for me

My 3 day 60 mile walk for breast cancer starts tomorrow and ends Sunday. I am slightly (ok, terribly!!) nervous. If you are so inclined, please send up some words to the Big Man.

Suggested praying material:

no blisters - the big one
no rain - i won't play golf in the rain, so I really don't want to walk in it for 60 flippin miles
no extreme heat - yes, I am picky
no dehydration - i never drink enough
good food - lets keep the priorities straight here
good rest - a tent on the ground sounds fun doesn't it
clean toilets and showers - ewww!
chris - he might need it as ellie is extremely attached to mama these days
ellie - she isn't going to understand why mama is gone
that all 60 miles are walked...i don't want to wuss out
safety - i don't think this is a huge concern, but we are walking through some seedy areas

I will be back early next week with an update and pictures. I am excited. Really, I am.

No comments: