Thursday, August 16, 2012

it happens every year


I don't like August.
I think I got it from my mother.

For her, August meant back to school.

For me, it's just...hot.
And I am ready to move on to fall.

I don't want to feel this way.
I want to like the last lazy days of summer.
I really try.
And I hoped this year would be different.

But nope.

I'm ready for fall.
And cozy.
And orange and red and yellow.
And thick socks.
And soups and stews.
And the maple glazed donuts at the pumpkin patch.

I am even ready for it to be dark by 6.

I know.

I'm crazy.

And by the middle of January, I will be cursing myself for wishing away this heat.

But I can't help it.

I'm wishing away this heat.

2 comments:

Jessilyn said...

I think everyone gets that torn feeling the last week or two of August. I myself am having fall time longings. I’ve even started online shopping for some fall clothes. I love being able to throw on boots and sweaters. Then I thought about how much longer it takes to put those on verses a tank and shorts. I must admit with my new camera and seeing your pumpkin patch picture it made me even more excited. Nature really flaunts herself in fall!

Amber Davis said...

I feel the same way every year. Although for about 2 weeks I get the huge urge to go back to school shopping even though I'm no longer a student. This year you can use the excuse that getting out of August means that you'll be getting a niece!