Wednesday, April 4, 2012

lately

Lately:
We have been playing catch-up from the plague of 2012.
Lots of laundry and grocery store going and such.

Lately:
I have been busy planning for a little somone's 6th birthday.
I am throwing a tea party for her and 5 friends for under $75.
It helps when you serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, serve homemade cupcakes, and the activities planned are a scavenger hunt and a dance party.

Lately:
I am grumpy. 

Lately:
We have been dyeing Easter eggs and I am afeared that my fingers may be permantly stained.

Lately:
I have found a church I really like.  And Ellie likes it.  And they allow coffee in the sanctuary during the service.  And they give you a Bible when you walk in.  And we are going again on Saturday night for Easter services.

Lately:
I have noticed that our backyard must be the secret path for all the stray cats in the neighborhood.  I have seen 6 different cats in the last 3 days.  One big old orange tom drive Atticus bananas.

Lately:
I have plans to make these.
(From Lisa Leonard)
I am going to send them in to Ellie's class tomorrow, so I don't eat them all...

Lately:
Ellie got her hair cut.
She looked all professional in the chair.
We bought a big round brush so we can try and recreate the straightening whilst drying technique.

Lately:
The aforementioned kid and I have been on the outs.  Wowza.
Lots of parenting happening all up in these parts.
I drop her off at school every morning wishing our morning had gone better.
That makes me sad.

Lately:
I am at an impasse on working out.
The sickness got me all unmotivated.
Must. Get. Motivated.
Luckily, my appetite hasn't been all that great.
So that helps.

Lately:
We have lots to look forward to.
Parties, and get-togethers, and fun summer plans.
Life is good.


1 comment:

C. Beth said...

I just bought the ingredients to make the cute little nests yesterday! Also saw them on LL's blog.... :)

The church sounds great.

I am not a fan of the difficult parenting phases.... But you know you're not alone! After the morning we had at church on Sunday with both kids, I might want to come try out your church (if it was closer) just to avoid showing my face in my own church again...ha ha.