Saturday, April 21, 2012

6

She will wake up tomorrow and be 6.
I am not even sure how that happened.

It seems like yesterday I was in the tub, with my humongo belly an island in the water, wondering what she would be like.

Now, 6 years later I know that she is
funny and kind and sensitive and smart as a whip.
I know she loves to color and read and be with her friends.
I know her favorite foods are oatmeal and pasta and chocolate chip cookies.
I know she is brave and a pro at the monkey bars.
I know she plans to be a dolphin trainer when she grows up.  And a mommy.
She wants to always live with me.
And right now, boys are yucky.

What I didn't know then, couldn't possibly know at that time,
was how very much I would love her.
How she would completely change my world for the better.
I didn't know how fiercely protective I would feel or how everything would become new again when I saw it through her eyes.
I never fathomed that I would think of her as a friend, at so young, even though I never tell her that, cause I am her mom first, and she best recognize...

I can't believe she is 6.

To celebrate, she wanted a tea party.

Dance floor





 I sent the girls on a scavenger hunt for their party favors. 
One clue was clear across the street!


It was a fun afternoon.
Tea and lemonade and dancing and fashion shows.
Happy 6, kid.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! What a fun party! Good job, momma :o)

C. Beth said...

That looks awesome. Happy (belated) 6th birthday to Ellie. It's crazy to watch them growing up, isn't it?

Marissa said...

very cute!