Friday, June 17, 2011

be jealous

This is the best thing ever.

Beer Bread with homemade strawberry jam.

OMG.

It's like I am in 1700's Scotland.
And I should be eating parrich with it.
With a wolfhound at my feet.
And Jamie by my side.
(What?!? You haven't read Outlander by Diana Gabaldan?  Shame on you.)

If Chris doesn't stop eating it, we are gonna have words.
 With Dad being so sick, a lot of people have been asking what they can do to help.
Which is so sweet.
My cousin Lori (the maker of the jam) asked the same question.
I think she meant for Dad.
Like, "what can I do for your Dad?"
But before I even thought about it, I shouted...
JAM!  I NEED JAM!
She came through beautifully.
I included the pic above of Chris and I in all our Fresman in College glory in honor of our
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

Love that man.

Beer Bread:

3 cups self rising flour
3 T sugar
1 12oz beer
(the kind of beer does make a difference.   I have found I like darker beers in the mix better)
Stir with a wooden spoon.
(very important. must be wooden)
Throw some butter on top.
(I have used everything from 1/4 stick to a whole stick.)
Bake at 350 for an hour.

It is heaven I tell you.

Jam Recipe:
I have no idea.
And I don't think Lori's telling.
It's a secret.

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

YUM! The healing power of beer! Uh...I mean bread!

Sancho's said...

random person here just browsing through blogs, I really like the look of that bread and jam :) enjoy.