Friday, December 11, 2009

nutcracker!


What I learned during Ellie's first trip to the theatre:

1. She's not ready.
2. She looks so pretty in Christmas dresses.
3. Downtown is twice as cold and windy as my neighborhood.
4. The Rat King is kinda scary.
5. People love red shoes. We got lots of compliments.
6. Snuck in snacks really can save the day.
7. Ballerina toes have to hurt at the end of the day.
8. Do NOT take pictures inside the theatre. They don't like that.
9. Carrying a 30+ pound toddler wearing heels is not easy.
10. She is growing up way too fast.

1 comment:

Molly said...

poor Ellie...I'm with her on the rat king! Yikes!

I never do this but my word verification is mutgnerg and that is just cracking me up for some reason. Makes me want to talk like the Sweedish Chef and say "mutgnerg! mutgnerg!"

Merry Christmas and Happy Mutgnerg!