Friday, May 29, 2009

watch!

This kid is driving me crazy with "Watch me Mommy!"

I try to act excited when she shows me how she twirls. It was really cute the first couple times she showed me. The 658th time is still cute, but man! I am having trouble getting anything done.

Other things she is very into these days that prohibits mommy productivity:

"I have to show you something very important!" (and it is a ball she put in a corner.)
"Follow me!"
"You're it!"


God bless her. I know these days are fleeting and I try to remember that. Michael J. Fox said in an interview that anything his kids want to show him is 100x more important than anything he is doing. I try and remember that too.

It does drive me crazy some days though.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I hear ya! Jaden likes to fish kiss now (we squeeze each others' cheeks and give kisses). We have been fish kissing a LOT lately! She is also very into "fixing lunch" in her play kitchen when I'm getting dinner ready. Needless to say, I've boiled over one too many pots of water while sitting at the table eating fake pizza! You know what though, I've noticed that she has grown SO MUCH this past month! I hate to let those moments pass and feel like I missed out. Plus, I HATE when I have something that I think is really exciting and I have someone just shrug it off. I feel guilty if I don't get excited for her... probably just the pregnancy hormones though :o) Have fun!!

C. Beth said...

Oh, I totally agree--it may be more important in the big scheme of things but it's just FRICKIN' ANNOYING in the here and now! :)

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

All very true....however, it's also important though for them to learn to wait as in "yes, honey...I would love to come see something very important as soon as I'm done with what I'm doing right here" I've literally stood up after like 5 minutes and said "ok, what was the very important thing you wanted to show me?" only to have them go "um....I forget" They have to learn at some point that the other people in the world's lives don't come to a screeching halt just because they want them to see them do something for the 400th time like it does for their parents!!! :)

So...cut yourself some slack...you are a good momma! :)

Sschraed said...

It is funny and annoying at the same time. Sydney is obsessed with feathers and we have feather pillows so she is always finding them and acting like it's the first time she has seen one. She excitedly calls me in to look at what she found and then doesn't understand when I laugh. Oh well!
Looks like a great time on vacation. Can't wait until our getaway in August !