Monday, November 24, 2008

thanksgiving - take one!

Paigey's house for Thanksgiving is my favorite place! They have the most beautiful house and I just love it there. They missed last year cause Nick's high school was marching at Disney World. This year they are missing to take Nick to check out colleges. Whatever. (Kidding!) All I know is I wasn't about to miss 2 years in a row of hot cider, a roaring fire, and dumplings. So what did I do? I guilted Paige into a pity invite and we had a pseudo Thanksgiving yesterday. It was divine. The only thing missing was Pumpkin Pie. Paige and I were the only ones who would eat it so it seemed silly to bake one.

Earlier in the day Ellie tried out her new boots and gloves.

It was about here that Ellie asked me if I brought the diaper bag. When I said no, she said "but what if I need a snack? You have to take the diaper bag wherever we go Mom!" Oh. Okay. Good to know.

Dinner! YUM! Nick, Izzy, Chris and Ellie. and wine!!
Daddy tried to give bunny ears, but Ellie is too smart for that!
Thanks Paige for dinner. It was just delicious! We will miss you guys. Safe travels!! Love you!



3 comments:

Molly said...

aww, poor Chris...is he still at the kid's table?! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog mention...I knew you liked Thanksgiving, but holy moly...we can have it more often, if you want!!!!

Flabbergasted said...

Looks like you had a lovely time, and she looks so cute in those pictures.