Thursday, April 17, 2008

spring is here and a true talent




The above pics prove to me that warm weather is coming. My daffodils are FINALLY blooming and the tulips are about to. Nothing says spring more to me than robins and spring flowers. The sunglasses and bubbles are proof that it is nice enough to be outside. I love spring. I love the colors, the smells, the first time you open your windows to air out your stinky winter house (today!), firing up the grill, and playing with your friends outside. I think I appreciate spring much more since I have moved to Cleveland. I mean, I grew up in Indiana where we definitely had winter, but winter here is something else completely. It is all encompassing and depressing as hell. I am glad it is over.

As for my true talent...it is falling down stairs. I do it at least once a week. When E was new, I was terrified to carry her on stairs. I would take one at a time and wait a little on each step. My family thinks it is hysterical. I fall down stairs at Paiges, I fall down my own stairs, I fall down steps at restaurants, I even tripped on a curb yesterday. I am cool. Last night I hit a new high (or low...) I fell UP the stairs. It was dark, I had just watched Idol and was coming to bed. Chris was already in bed, which is odd, he rarely goes to bed before me. I got to the top of the stairs, thought there was one more, and crashed into the wall. Luckily Ellie didn't wake up. I then burst out laughing at my stupidity and at how ridiculous I must have looked. I did wake Chris up with all my shenanigans and we had a good chuckle. He said I should put it in my blog, so there you have it. I am such a dill weed.

1 comment:

Chris D. said...

Dill Weed is a very under utilized word! You have inspired me to use it at least once a day.