Tuesday, April 22, 2008

happy birthday sweet girl.

My baby is 2 today. I am not sure how that happened. I have heard that when you are raising a child the days are long but the years are short. That is so, so true. I am really scared at how fast time is going. So in honor of her birthday, here are my favorite things about her...

-every morning when we go to get her up from her crib she says "Good morning Mommy, Good morning, daddy." Melts my heart everytime.
-when I rub her back, she says "that feels good!"
-my kisses make even the most serious of all boo-boos go away.
-she calls Dora "dado". Although more and more frequently, she is getting it right. Makes me sad.
-Loves to be naked.
-Loves to be outside.
-Always asks for just "one more cookie, mommy?"
-makes great horse and monkey sounds. She know all the animal sounds, but these two are especially impressive.
-Eats a huge bowl of oatmeal almost every morning.
-is very sweet to our cat.
-sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star over and over and over.
-gives great good night kisses and hugs.
-can read "Goodnight Moon" cover to cover. Well, she has it memorized anyway...

We just love her so much. What did we ever do without her? Happy Birthday Ellie. You are the light of our lives.

No comments: