Sunday, December 14, 2008

spritz cookie recipe

Wow! I have had lots of people want this recipe so here you go!

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter - why they're so good
2/3 C sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 C flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
flavoring - to taste. It takes quite a bit
food coloring - optional

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix thouroughly. Add dry ingredients. Separate dough and add flavoring and food coloring (if desired). I usually separate dough into 3 bowls and use almond, maple and vanilla. My red hearts are always almond, my green trees are always maple and my uncolored dough is always vanilla. I have always wanted to try pepperment though.

Put into a cookie press with desired shape and press onto ungreased baking sheet.

Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.

There you have it. They are not a terribly sweet cookie. So if that is what you are looking for, these are not for you. They are best with coffee or tea! Enjoy!

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

Yaaay! Bookmarking this! Thanks!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

A new recipe everytime I return to your blog. What fun! I especially enjoyed your "disclaimer." :)

-Francesca

Chris said...

They sound delicious!

design a la mod said...

Those sound fantastic! I'm not much of a cook, but I'm sure going to try!