Friday, June 27, 2008

wish me luck!


I can't believe I did it? Who do I think I am? Some super in shape super woman? I just signed up to do the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 3-day walk. 60 miles in 3 days. I have 57 days to get my butt in shape and raise $2200.
My friend Megan (see godparents post) is doing it too and we start training next Tuesday. It is up to me to find a 12 mile course to start on. 12 miles. Please pray for me if you do that kinda thing. I also have to find good shoes. And I am gonna have to find a fanny pack to carry all my essentials on the walk. Those things are so sexy. Watch out for the huffing and puffing sunburned mom, with the cool shoes and the even cooler fanny pack.
In all seriousness, I am really looking forward to it. So many women are affected by breast cancer, either having it or knowing someone who has. It needs to stop. I went to a cheering station last year and encouraged the women walking and it was just so cool and I said to myself "Self! You are doing that next year!" So here I am. It's going to be a real journey.

To those reading, beware! I will probably be hitting you up for $$. I hate to do it, but it is for a good cause.

No comments: