Thursday, July 15, 2010

another list



Chris, thankfully, doesn't need to travel a lot for his job, but he is gone for maybe 3 weeks during the year. In days past, I hated when he was gone. When Ellie was a baby, I doubly hated when he was gone. It was hard work. Plus I was terribly jealous of all the fun he was having (like San Diego pool party fun) while I was stuck home with little tiny drool monster who woke up 3 times a night.

These days, however, I have come to appreciate his absences. I miss him, of course, but there are some distinct advantages to not having him around for a week.

Advantages such as:

-being able to sleep in the middle of the bed using all 4 pillows and not having to have the blasted fan on.

-way less laundry. I have done 1 load this week intead of 3.

-cereal for dinner.

-no stinky basketball clothes to wash.

-no schedule, whatsoever.

-buying cookies and knowing they will be there in the morning.

-being able to sit on the good end of the couch.

Despite all these perfectly wonderful things, I really do miss him and much prefer him home. I sleep a lot better when he is here, I don't have to play horsey with Ellie, he rubs my feet every night, and cereal for dinner gets old, real quick.

Hurry home baby!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

First, love that picture!!

Second, foot rub EVERY night???

C. Beth said...

It's hard for me when hubby's gone--bedtime for the kids by myself, etc. But I do like that I can make really simple, kid-friendly dinners, and they like them better than the "real" food I make for us adults!

Molly said...

that picture needs to be on a greeting card or something!!!!! SOOO CUTE!