Friday, April 9, 2010

questions

Ellie. Oh Ellie. She is asking such good guestions lately.

Examples:

Where does the Easter bunny live? Hell. I have no idea where the Easter Bunny lives. So I made up a story about a den and how there are really 16 Easter Bunnies and they all live together in their den and spend all year filling eggs. I said 16 because she was afraid one Easter Bunny would be lonely cause Santa has Mrs. Claus and all the elves, etc... "But where is the den Mommy?" I told her Denmark. Get it? "Den"mark? Ha! I so amuse myself.

Why are there planets? What? How does she even know there are planets? I told her we were going to have to go home and look that one up. Of course, we forgot when we got home. Note to self: Study planets later...

What does "shouldn't" mean? Um, it means you shouldn't do something. Duh! Shouldn't is a hard word to explain. So I gave her lots of examples and I think she got it. Like, you SHOULDN'T eat a cookie before dinner.

What is chalk made of? What? I don't know.

Why do we have seasons? I think I got a little too technical with this one explaing the tilt of the earth and the distance from the sun. She got bored. But as least I knew this one...Jeesh!

Why do I have to go to bed? Because if you don't, I am going to go crazy with all of your talking. Now sleep!

I get these all day long. I am exhausted.


In other news, I am pretty convinced we have the next Mia Hamm here. We started soccer and she loves it! We have practices 2 times a week. Yes. 2 times a week. They are 4. I know. Crazy. And the drills they go through. It is like watching a high school practice. First game on the 17th. She is beside herself with excitement.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

The other day, J started asking us about triceratops?!?! First of all, how on EARTH does she even know about triceratops?? Luckily the questions weren't too hard... what do they eat, what is their favorite color, etc. Triceratops!?!

Any mail yet??? :o)

Molly said...

HA! My favorite is what is chalk made out of! That is too cute.

No "Where do babies come from" yet? :)

C. Beth said...

Great questions!! I couldn't explain the seasons, so kudos to you there. :)

Sschraed said...

We are there too. LOL...not too mentiont he talking doesn't stop. Gotta love it!
We are getting her into soccer too. We just picked up a net and ball for her bday. I can't believe they practice twice a week. What am I getting into or should I say what is my husband getting into. :)