Monday, April 19, 2010

mia who?

Soccer. When I asked Ellie what sport she wanted to do, I prayed and prayed she would say anything but soccer. Alas, she did not. And so, we play soccer!

It's not that I don't like soccer. I just don't know much about it. I never played. I grew up in the sticks that didn't even have a football team, much less a soccer team. I know, crazy right?

I will admit, however, that watching 4 year olds (or almost 4 year olds in our case) is just about the cutest thing you have ever seen.

Getting ready to start. I should mention it was about 39 degrees that morning and snowed during the game. Gotta love the northeast.

Going after the ball!

Look for the purple hat people! Look quick. She is fast!

Lining up for another go at it!

Good game! Good game! Good game!


She did great! All the little ones seemed to know what they were doing. It was a pure joy to watch. I can see lots of athletics events, cold bleachers, sunburns, rainy days in my future.

Jeff and Megan came to the game which meant a lot to all of us, then we all went to brunch. It was a fun morning. Oh, sidenote, Megan brought me back chickory coffee from New Orleans, and OMG! Best coffee I have ever had. EVER!

Also, our cousin Izzy spent the weekend with us. Let met tell you. Everyone needs a 13 year old with them at all times. It was wonderful. Ellie idolizes her. I seriously barely saw my kid. When we dropped her off at home, Ellie was nearly inconsolable. I miss Izzy! We love you Iz!

1 comment:

C. Beth said...

Aww, how fun!! We probably need to get Chickie involved in some sort of sport soon.