Friday, September 12, 2008

my morning is worse than your morning

I wrote this last friday and then my computer crashed...so pretend it was last friday when you read this.

Ok, let me set the scene...

Chris is out of town at a conference and has been since Wed. night. No big deal. That just means less cooking and laundry. I never sleep quite as well when he is gone though. Even though the middle of the bed is awfully nice. So last night I had a horrible time falling asleep. I kept thinking I was hearing things. Then I kept telling myself I was being silly and that my imagination was running away with me. I finally fell into a fitful sleep.
So this morning, I went down to make Ellie's breakfast and found this...

and this...

and this....

and this.



At first I thought how in the world did Hoosier (our fat cat) get her fat ass up that high, and upon closer inspection realized those were much too big to be kitty prints.

SOME CREATURE IS IN MY HOUSE! OH MY GOSH!

Now I am ok with killing bugs and spiders and am ok with seeing some creature in my backyard, but this was my KITCHEN. And I was HOME ALONE with a 2 year old. This is when I started freaking out a little bit. I called Chris and told him what was happening and he told me to get a broom and investigate. Are you kidding me? Not gonna happen. So then I called my nice neighbor next door and he came over and looked around. He didn't find anything. The weird thing is that nothing was amiss. There was food on the counter that was untouched and I know the creature was up there because there are footprints up there (shudder!) Maybe it doesn't like rice?

So Animal control was called and now I am sitting here waiting for him to get here. Hurry up animal control guy!!!


Ok, it is Sunday again. Animal control came and told me it was a raccoon. A COON IN MY HOUSE!! He was 100% sure he was no longer in the house and a trap has been set to catch the little f*^ker. So far, no coons in the trap. Can you imagine if I had heard something and gone down and investigated? It would have been a scene straight out of the Great Outdoors! We have moved the couch in front of the fireplace (the place of entry) until he is caught. Chris is really no braver than me, bless his soul. He strategically placed a 3 iron within reach if battle must be done. Wish us luck that we catch him soon!


2 comments:

Molly said...

lol!!!! Tell Chris not to use the 3 iron...use the 1 iron, no one ever uses that one anyway! :)

abby said...

Oh my goodness! I FREAK OUT when there is a varmit in the house. Luckily our two dogs are the craziest racoon killers ever, so at least my worries are just about mice.