Thursday, September 20, 2012

the last few weeks in a nutshell

 I swore my new job wouldn't stop me from blogging.
 
Then I started working.
 
Wow.
 
Where does the time go?
 
Anyhoo,  here's what's been happening the last few weeks.
 
We swung.
(see above)
 
We crafted.
 We breakfasted.
 We got Pocohantas's autograph.
 We hayrode.
 We met these geesy girls.
 We rolled down hills.
 We had surgery.
 We recovered.
 We caught up on homework.
 We watched Jeff (hunk!) Probst.
 We took our pictures before school.
And there is the last few weeks in a nutshell.
 
 
Some notes:
 
Ellie had a phylomatrixoma on her chest.
Sounds scary.
It's not.
It was basically a big ol' ball of calcified hair follicle cells that became a painful bump on her chest.
 
We went in.
We went under.
I had a heart attack waiting for her to get out of surgery.
She came out.
She is fine.
And mad as a hornet that she can't do the monkey bars for 6 weeks.
Seriously.
It's like it never happened.
Never any pain, really.
God is good.
 
As for survivor...
I am pulling for Blair and the sex therapist.
and maybe Kent.
and maybe the cool girl with short blond hair.
 
How bout that?
I mentioned God and a sex therapist in the same post.
Random.
 
I just realized that last paragraph sounded so corny.
But I am too punch drunk tired to care.
So what you read is what you get.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So happy for an easy recovery for Ellie!

~Cathy~ said...

Your aunt Linda said Ellie was doing great!! So glad to hear that :)