Saturday, March 29, 2014

the one about the mexican vacation

I am going to start this story on the Thursday before we were leaving (on Sunday.)

Ellie woke up throwing up.
I am not even kidding.
She threw up all of Friday and some Saturday morning.

Then she was fine.

I started throwing up Saturday afternoon.
Keep in mind, we are leaving at 4 in the am on Sunday.

So I got to vomit all the way to Mexico.
Yay.

Ok, I really only threw up once on the way, on the plane.
(I ninja puked in my seat.  No one even noticed.  I am that good!!)
But I felt like death the whole way down.
Which included a full 15 hours of travel.
It was not my best day.

We get there.
I am feeling better.
Monday was good.
We swam.  We drank.  We played.
Until Monday night.

Then Chris starts throwing up.
I am not even kidding.  Again.
So he throws up all of Monday night.
Is in bed with a fever all day Tuesday.
And Wednesday morning.
It is HARD to be sick on vacation.
I kept bringing him 7 up and soda crackers.
But he was SICK.
He can be melodramatic when sick, but I was worried!

It was not our very best vacation.

BUT!

Ellie had a blast.
And that is all that matters.

So, let's forget all of the sickness and get on with the fun stuff, shall we?

The view off our deck.
It was pure jungle.
We would leave the door open and just listen.

Her first view of the Caribbean ocean.
She loved it!


All she wanted to do was swim.
Which was ok with me!



See the guy in the corner?  He had the best Scottish accent.
I barely heard English on this trip.
Lots of foreign languages being spoken.



I didn't even get burned.
But can I just say, I spent most of this vacation putting sunscreen on my kid?
And her little face still got burned.
Sigh.



The creatures at this resort were everywhere.
This guy just hopped up after some kids hot dog.
There were also raccoon.
And coatis,
and lizards,
and cats.
and birds,
and monkeys!
Ellie loved that too.






Ellie made friend.
They were peas in a pod.
Played together for 2 straight days.






As mentioned earlier,
there were monkeys on the island.
This guy made himself at home on our balcony.


The cenote on the property.
It was gorgeous.






Chris back amongst the land of the living.
He was a trooper. 


Ellie and I took an eco-tour.
These are the Mayan ruins on the resort.
We had a lot of fun on that little tour.
We even adventured in the jungle by ourselves a bit.
It was HOT!



We swam in the cenote.
There was a wicked current and I was almost certain I wasn't going to get us back to the steps.
We laughed and laughed!
But I was a bit scared.
For serious.


The kids aqua park on the resort.
It wasn't the hit I hoped it would be.
She wanted the big pool!


The monkey came back!
This time, with her baby!
They totally remembered which rooms laid out fruit for them.
We got visits every day from them.


We even met Atticus' Mexican cousin.




The snack bar had swings to sit on.
Needless to say, we took most meals there :)



I think we made the most of it.
Through all the sickness.
We had fun.
But we are really glad to be home!





Until next time Mexico!

2 comments:

shelley c. said...

Oh my gosh, despite all the sickies, it looks and sounds like quite a vacation! FUN!

Amber said...

I'm going out on a limb to say the Davis family might want to steer clear of Mexico. I was sick all but 2 days of our honeymoon down there. Glad you guys had a good time and are back safe, sound and healthier!